Tuesday, January 18, 2011

First Grade Update!

I don’t know about you, but I could get used to having Mondays off!! I hope everyone enjoyed their extra long weekend!

Beginning this semester each child will be required to pass with 80% or higher a minimum of three AR tests a week.  I reminded the class last week before we left to be sure and have a library book to take home to be ready to test on when returning to school on Wednesday. Hopefully everyone has had some great reading time this weekend! I know I have!!  If you have signed up for the Ren Place Home Connect then you will receive an email each time your child takes an AR test that tells you their score.  If you have not done this or have ANY questions concerning this please do not hesitate to ask me.  I will be more than happy to answer any questions and help you.

In reading our focus letter will be /l/ as in letter and lion

We will continue our DOL rules.  We will review rules 1 – 16 and we will begin discussing alphabetical order.

We will finish Chapter 12 this week and test on Friday. Look for a review sheet to come home on Thursday.  I hope everyone has been able to log on to Math Facts at home so your child can practice their math facts.  If you are having trouble please let me know so I can hopefully help you.

We will have a word wall assessment at the end of this week.

Everyone needs to replenish crayons, markers and glue sticks.  When your out shopping please pick up a new box of 24 crayons, some glue sticks and a new pack of markers. The zippers on many zipper pouches are broken, so please check with your child to see if they need a new zipper pouch as well.

MPS is considering rezoning district wide.  Go to the MPS website and to read the proposal. There is also a map of proposed changes on a bulletin board to the left of the front office at school.   There will be a community meeting on Tuesday, February 1 at 5:00 at Carr Junior High.  (This meeting was originally scheduled for this Thursday.) 

Wednesday, January 26th we will celebrate the 100th day of school! Our day will be full of hundreds of fun activities as we celebrate this very important and fun day! One of our 100 day stations will include some yummy treats.  I will be sending notes home later this week asking for a few items. 

Have a great week! (What’s left of it!) Thank you for trusting your child with me!!

Hugs!

No comments: