Sunday, January 30, 2011

February already?

Wow! I can’t believe it is already almost February! Although it did seem like April outside this weekend.  Wasn’t it wonderful??? I must say I have missed all my sweet little Firsties! Hopefully we will have a much more normal week along with lots of learning and fun.  February is my absolute favorite “craft” month, I think it is because I love some glitter!!! So I stocked up this weekend at Wal Mart! Can’t wait!!!!

Our focus letter is /b/ as in bat, word wall words are – black, by, little, does, first.

We will continue to practice DOL Rules 1-16, along with adding rules 17 & 18. 

Rule 17 – Use I when you are the person doing something.

Rule 18 - Use we when you are the person doing something.

In Math we will complete Chapter 13 this week.  Be on the lookout for the review page to come home the night before our test.  Most likely Tuesday.  Our next Chapter in Math will be on Symmetry!

A few dates to remember:

Monday, January 31 - Cookie Dough orders are due.

Tuesday, February 1 is the rezoning meeting at Carr Junior High from 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm.  If you have questions about rezoning please go to the MPS website.

Thursday, February 3 - Progress Reports and Signed Papers

Monday, February 14 – 1:30 Our class Valentine Party!! So sweet!! I will send home a list of all our sweet first grade friends this week.  Please make sure and help your child address a card to every friend in our class.  Our wonderful room mom, Amanda Smith will be in touch with everyone about what we will need for the party.

If you would like to send in any antibacterial wipes, that would be most helpful.  With all of the sickness going around we are going to be doing some extra cleaning each afternoon.  I also have been asking the children to wash their hands with soap.  We are using the germx in emergencies but for this sick season I like them to use soap.

I can’t thank you enough for your kind words, prayers and cards during this sad time for my family.  My grandfather was 90 years old and lived an amazing life! I am truly blessed with such precious parents and children this year!! Thank you!!

Have a wonderful week and please let me know if you have any questions.

HUGS!!

No comments: