Monday, October 10, 2011

Whooo’s ready to learn??

imageimageimage

I hope everyone had a nice, long weekend.  I am sorry for my absence last Friday, I kept thinking I would be able to make it through the week with just a cold.  Thursday I whispered all day and by that afternoon, I couldn’t even whisper.  Needless to say Friday I went to the doctor and rested and I can’t wait to see all my Firsties in the morning.  I am sure I will hear all about the eventful day on FridaySmile!

I don’t know if you heard the good news but the boys and girls in our class have been receiving lots of COMPLIMENTS!! Each time someone gives our class a compliment we get to add a “link” to our Compliment Chain.  When our chain reaches the floor Mrs. Wright brings surprise treats!! Well our chain reached the floor last week, and being in the seasonal mode, we celebrated all our compliments with some yummy Halloween Cupcakes! Now we have started again, who knows what our next treat will be?? We will keep getting compliments and wait and see!!

This week in reading we will focus on the /n/ sound as in nest.  We will also be talking about birds.  Our writing jobs this week will include some poems, painting and even some facts about Christopher Columbus.  Word wall words this week are:  an, and, once, or, round.

Our grammar rule is Rule 7 – The names of the months of the year begin with capital letters.  As always we will be reviewing all rules each day in our DOL.

In math we will finish up Chapter 6 and test on Wednesday. For the next two weeks we will be continuing our study of number sense and practicing our addition facts, including doubles.  I hope everyone is using the Math Facts in a Flash program at home for extra practice! We are working hard at passing our Math Facts all 40 problems correct within the 2 minute time limit.

Continue reading and sending in a note when your child is ready to take an AR test.  The children are doing a wonderful job reading their library books!!

I will be sending home a PTA membership form for families to join our PTA.  Please, please join if you have not already.  We want Room 123 to have 100% membership!

Upcoming important dates:
October 11:  Spirit Night at Jason's Deli
October 13:  Final day for early bird prices for Fall Festival Tickets

OCTOBER 17: Field Trip to the

PUMPKIN PATCH!

DEADLINE TO TURN IN MONEY is

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pumpkin
October 18:  Spirit Night at Burger King (Chantilly Pkwy)
October 20:  Blount Fall Festival at Thompson Park  4:30-7:30
October 26:  Spirit Night at Nancy's Italian Ice
November 1:  Deadline for Just Give Campaign

Last week Superintendent Barbara Thompson came to read to our sweet First Graders at Blount! She read one of our favorites…..Llama Llama Red Pajama!! She also got to see everyone looking their very best for picture day.  Room 123 has some pretty cool kids!!

Have a great week and please contact me with any questions!

Hugs!

1 comment:

Christie Cook said...

Love all of the pics!! What great memories these children are making all thanks to Mrs. Wright!! Thank you so much.