Tuesday, January 27, 2009

January 26 - 30, 2009

I hope everyone is having a good week! I am sorry about my unexpected absence Monday. Mary Hunter was sick with a stomach bug, however she is on the road to recovery! Also, I wanted you to know I will not be at school on Friday. Rae Best, Jake's mom will be the substitute. She is great and has worked with the children before so I know they will have a super day!

We will have our Spelling test a DOL grade, and our Math test (Chapter 14) on Thursday. I hope you saw the list of spelling words for this week in your child's take home folder today. I will be sending this list home each Monday and we will usually have our Spelling Test on Friday, unless I tell you otherwise. Look for a review math sheet to come home for homework on Wednesday. The children have done really well on this chapter. Please continue to practice your math flashcards at home.

Also, tomorrow I am giving each child their new library card with their reading range for AR tests and books. I want the children to check out books that are only in their range. Some of the children have gotten into the habit of reading easy readers quickly and taking tests on them. I want them to check out books in their range so they will continue to increase their fluency, comprehension and vocabulary.

I have printed the STAR test reports and will send these home Wednesday. These are for your information and do not need to be signed and returned. If you have questions please feel free to ask.

We had a fabulous 100th day of school!! I am sure you can tell by the pictures!

As we are getting ready for February and Valentine's Day the children will be decorating bags for their cards. I would like for every child to have a white gift bag with the handle, these fit their cards better and hold up well. They sell these at the Dollar Tree in the gift wrap section, 2 bags for $1.00. It is best to buy them early because as we get closer to February they are harder to find. If a few parents would like to pick up 2 or 3 of the bags that would be a great help! I would like to try and have all the bags by next Wednesday, February 4th.

Dads ~ Mark your calendars! Donuts for Dads will be next Thursday and Friday, February 5th and 6th. Hope to see you there!

The secret to happiness is not in doing whatever you like......but in liking whatever you do!

I'm so blessed that I LOVE what I do. Have a great week!

No comments: