Sunday, September 14, 2008

September 15 - 19, 2008

I hope everyone had a nice weekend! We are going to be busy, busy in room 123 this week. Tomorrow we will have a guest speaker from the Montgomery Humane Society come and talk to us about Bite Prevention and Animal Safety. I think the children will really enjoy her presentation. We will also be talking about our "Names" this week and how we got our names. I can't wait to read the book "Chrysanthamum" to the children! It is one of my favorites! After reading the book the children will have a special homework assignment to do at home this will not be due until Thursday. I hope you are continuing to read each night as well as working on memorizing addition facts. We finished Chapter 3 in Math and will begin Chapter 4 tomorrow still working on Subtraction. In Language we will be focusing on Grammar Rule 7 ~ The names of specific places begin with capital letters. Please continue to go over your child's DOL each night. Also if you have noticed several units of Read Well homework in your child's notebook it is because so often we go through a Unit quickly and I don't always have time to put each unit's homework stories in the notebooks. You will know what unit to study by looking at the sheet that tells what the last unit your child passed was. I will continue to put 5 units or so at a time in the notebook. As always go back and re-read old units. Re-reading not only helps increase fluency and comprehension, it is so motivating for the children. If you have any questions or concerns about your child's reading or anything at all please don't hesitate to contact me!

I will be sending Scholastic Book Club orders home on Monday the 15th. If you would like to purchase any books you may do so online or by filling out the order form and returning it to me by this Friday, September 19th. If you send your order in to me please include a check for the correct amount made payable to Scholastic. There is no obligation to order books from book clubs!

Have a great week! I will post pictures from the Arboretum and the Humane Speaker sometime this week!

1 comment:

Mrs. Morris said...

Looks good! I think I may do this too. Thanks for telling us about it!